Teaching & Community Outreach
- I have been an ongoing APSS trainer for various foster family agencies.
- Presenter at the annual American Adoption Congress and Concerned United Birthparents Retreats
- Writer/Creator of the quarterly newsletter, TLC TRIAD NEWSLETTER as an outreach in education to the adoption community.
- Available for guest speaking, teaching and consultation for mental health professionals.
As an adoption educator in the child welfare community, I have taught:
- “Trauma and Treatment for the Constellation”, looks at the role of disenfranchised grief and how it prevents healing.
- “Adoption- A Lifelong Perspective” educational framework for the lifespan in adoption.
- The “Perinatal experience”, an exploration of the psychological, emotional and social development of the unborn child.
- The “Normative developmental crisis in adoption”, a look at the special developmental stages and circumstances that adoption adds to the developmental process.
- “Adoptive parenting, a journey into open adoption”.
- “Why adoptees search, motives and more”, the search as a healing process.
- The “Lifelong issues in adoption”, issues for adoptees, birthparents and adoptive parents.
- “A treatment model for clinicians”, turning crisis into empowering and learning experiences for the adoptive family.